Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Post, post haste!

Alright, well here's my first post. It feels crazy to finally be getting everything started. I want to just start off by thanking my wonderfully amazing wife, Nicole. Without her none of this would be possible. She's the greatest blessing in my life : ) Of course I also want to thank my great family and friends, there are too many to list but you know who you are.

I also want to call out a thank you to Chris Oatley, the guys from Art & Story, and the guys over at Big Illustration Party Time. They were a source of creative inspiration at a time when I was working at a job where the only real creative aspect was me imagining burning the place down. These guys made the work days bearable and kept my creative juice from going dry. Check 'em out, it'll be well worth it, especially if you're looking for art discussions and conversation, inspiration, and to learn some new things.

Alright, well here's what's gonna happen on this blog. My wife and I will discuss our opinions and views on things, as well as discuss whatever is on our minds. We will do our best to keep it in the artistic/creative area. Also I will be displaying the creative process of my web comic, Nightmare Pro Wrestling. I will be posting up inks and pencils of pages and writing a commentary on each of them.

My main goal is to inspire people. I know there are a lot of other blogs/podcasts wanting to do the same, the better ones being the three I mentioned in my first paragraph. However being a creative type myself, I know that the hunger and need for creative inspiration and knowledge is never ending. I hope to be at least one of those creative outlets. Especially for that creative person working that miserable part time job, where the only link to creativity is the elaborate scenario in your head of imagining that horrible place go up in flames.

Well here's the posting schedule for the Penciled and Inked pages. Additional posts will be sporadic but as often as possible and written by Nicole or myself.

1. I will be posting pencils for two pages on Wednesday.

2. I will post up the Inks of the same pages on Friday.

3. On Monday you can see the finished pages on the comic website at NightmareProWrestling.com



Alright, well here we go,

Later,

JoN

No comments:

Post a Comment