Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nightmare Pro Wrestling Webcomic Page 28 roughs and Inks


So you might have noticed that the "pencil" page doesn't actually look like I did it with pencils. I ran out of pages in my sketchbook and decided to try sketching out the page straight onto the computer and I had an epiphany. Sketching straight into the computer saves me from having to draw out each panel, scan the pencils into my laptop and fit the page together.

Maybe that doesn't sound like a very long process, but it is for me anyway. This way is a big time saver and I really like the way it looks. I think I've finally perfected the line style I want for the comic.

I have also started finishing one page entirely, from roughs to paints and then continuing on to the next page. This has been a lot more efficient for me instead of penciling two pages, then inking both pages, then coloring both pages.

With the last few pages I've been experimenting a lot with different inking and coloring styles and methods so now that I've made these discoveries I'm hoping I'll be able to update a lot more often.

Thanks to all for reading,

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment