Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mr. Hyde redesign!



When I first started designing Mr. Hyde, I never would have thought that he would become one of my favorite characters to draw. Especially drawing expressions on his face, those are always a blast.

I had always aimed to design him as a big, really ugly, Muppet. I feel like the newer design is just a better representation of that. My friend Ron Scott (of The Strange Kids Club), always pointed out how ugly and gross his nose was--so in the newer design I made sure to not only make it bigger and uglier, but give it a different color, so it draws your attention.

Like the rest of the redesigns for Nightmare Pro Wrestling, his new color scheme is a lot cooler (cooler as in the opposite of warm shades, but you could say the new scheme is more awesome as well) than the original. This really adds to the atmosphere of the book that I had originally intended, but at the time I was unsure of how to accomplish it.

I'll be posting up some more soon!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. The new Hyde would totally take the old Hyde to school (the school of hard knocks, oh!).

    Keep 'em coming, Jon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks, man. Had to make his nose a lot more prominent and more gross.

    ReplyDelete