Friday, September 10, 2010

Nightmare Pro Wrestling Issue 2 Page 32 Pencils & Inks!!



Finally a new blog post. A lot of things have been going on and I've been keeping myself really busy with working on new character designs for all the Nightmare Pro Wrestling characters. My style has changed a lot since I first started drawing NPW about a year and a half ago so I want the characters to reflect those changes.

I've also been working on some new images for the new NPW website my wonderful wife Nicole is putting together. Speaking of my Wonder wife, she too is working on a project of here own. Check it out on her blog: The Minted Mouse.

So here are the Pencils and Inks for Issue 2 Page 32. Lately I've been trying to be a little more creative with the panels of my pages. After reading a blog about advanced panel layouts, I thought I'd give it a try. I don't think I'm there yet but I do like that my thought process for paneling has incorporated some of the concepts I'd read.

I also recently noticed that I've started to be able to draw my characters more expressively. Not that I'm saying 'My drawing ability is amazing, PRAISE ME, PRAISE ME!' I'm just saying that it's nice to be able to look back on my older pages and see that there's a big change. I hope I can keep growing as an artist and cartoonist/storyteller.



1 comment:

  1. Wicked awesome Jon! That last frame with Mr. Hyde is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete